How to write quality content optimized for search engines, i.e. ranked high by Google
In today’s web abiding to strict Google rules, each company planning to increase its growth cannot forget about their website’s search rank. Our clients often ask us how to create meritorious content for their website – that’s why we decided to write this guide. We will go step by step through the process, pointing up the most important elements.
Choose relevant keywords and topics.
There are many tools in the Internet for keyword research and analysis. They suggest specific topics for the particular business or product. You can also take a peek at your competitors and write content with similar topics.
After preliminary selection, don’t forget to check the amount of search queries including the chosen expressions, and the topic must be interesting mostly for the prospective reader. Mind that not every word with high amount of search queries will result with your product or service sales increase. It is always necessary to check the appropriate search queries’ context.
For example, search results for “user manual” will not have any effect on the product’s sales, but the query for “buy a user manual” gives a better chance to do so. It’s highly likely that the user wants to buy the searched product.
Create content with the selected keyword.
When writing, you should stick to a few following rules of thumb:
- text should be at least 3000 characters long – there is no maximum limit
- titles and subtitles in the text should be keyword-based
- one text (or page) should focus on a single keyword
- the keyword should appear preferably in the beginning of the content
- it is worth adding keyword-based vocabulary to the content
Moreover, using subtitles to break the text into sections is a good practice not only for positioning, but also for the reader’s convenience. It is important that the keyword appears in the text naturally for the reader.
Write for people!
You should avoid adding words without context just to achieve required text saturation. Apart from redirecting the user to our website we want to engage her or him – i.e. make the user interested with the content. Keep in mind that people, while searching for the text, expect to find answers for their questions, or a service, or a product – to buy it. You should clearly offer what the user visiting your website was looking for.
Sometimes it’s simply financially rewarding to hire a good copywriter!
Respond to the user’s needs.
After you chose the topic of your text, make a good plan of the content:
- you should answer the question, write about what the user is looking for
- give some tips on solving the problem, develop the keyword-related theme completely
- offer your product or service
Remember you choose the keyword and write the text to make the user become your customer.
Check your text
Let your coworkers read it before publishing! A fresh pair of eyes, like in any project, helps to eliminate errors: remember that your write for everyone, not for yourself only.
When publishing, remember to optimize HTML!
The text only is not sufficient, it should be added to the proper HTML markup.
- the keyword should be wrapped once in a
- the titles including the keyword should be wrapped in H1 and H2 tags
- before publishing, don’t forget to add the keyword to the TITLE page attribute
- add the keyword to the ALT attribute of an image added to the content
Acquire the right links to your website and the post!
After publishing the content don’t forget to acquire the links – the minimum plan is to share it on the social media.
We can help you not only with positioning, but also with copywriting! Contact us – let’s talk!